10 1/4 - 15 Inch Prince
PRINCE was one of the first batch of locomotives built for the Festiniog Railway in 1864, as such it represents the dawn of British narrow gauge steam. Up to this time the railway had been horse drawn (uphill) and gravity (down hill). Such was the success of these engines that it set the seal on all future narrow gauge production.
The model is 10' gauge battery powered, it has no less than 36 traction batteries powering a 14 Kw DC motor sufficient to pull fifty passengers for up to nine hours.
It can be fitted with smoke and sound for authenticity, or even built live steam. Prince with the Tender attached was 3.3m long x 0.74m wide x 1.13m high.
We can custom build Park railway models and rolling stock to your Specifications.
PRICE: £Price on application
- Gauge. 10 1/4" - 15" (or larger if required)
- Length: 3292mm
- Width: 737mm
- Height: 1113mm
- Weight: 1500kg (dry), 2500kg with batteries
- Power system: 14kw 72v battery electric or diesel hydraulic
- Load: 50 persons per train, 9 hours run time on single charge, 4min cycle time.
- Max load: 120 person without up scaling.